Using seasonal ingredients, the chefs of Spiral restaurants introduce delicious recipes that you can easily make at home.
7's recipe────Restaurant Bar CAY’s Spicy Curry
Did you know that the spices used in curry are said to have various effects that can make you happier? As the winter approaches and the air is getting colder and dryer, we introduce this curry recipe with plenty of seasonal vegetables and spices to color your day.
Why not preparing a little more curry on a holiday morning so that you can eat this nutritious dish even when you are busy with work?
■ Restaurant Bar CAY’s Spicy Curry
Ingredients（for 2 persons）
2 Chicken breasts
1 Medium-sized onion
1/2 Medium-sized carrot
Curry powder 20g
Cumin powder 10g
Garam masala 10g
Whole tomato 200g（1 can）
Cumin seeds 10g
Coriander seeds 10g
Chicken bouillon 20g
Wine vinegar 1/2 of a tea spoon
Olive oil 50㏄ and 30cc
◯ Curry Sauce
1. Finely chop the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and ginger, and chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Finely chop the cumin seeds and coriander seeds with a kitchen knife.
3. Put 50 ㏄ of olive oil in a pan and warm up ginger and garlic over low heat until the aroma is released.
4. Add the vegetables to the pan to bring out the sweetness of the vegetables over low heat.
5. Add powdered spices and whole tomatos.
6. Add water and chicken consomme and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour.
7. Grill the seasoned chicken in a frying pan over medium heat.
8. When the chicken is grilled in the outside, remove it from the frying pan and simmer it with the vegetables for about 10 minutes.
◯ Spice oil
9. Put the whole spices chopped with 30 ㏄ of olive oil in a frying pan and heat over low heat. When it starts to snap, remove it from the heat.
10. Turn off the heat of the stewed curry sauce, season the pot with honey, vinegar, and salt, and finally add the spice oil.
11. Completed with your favorite rice!
Whole spices or powder spices
We recommend that you use whole spices because the scent of spices can better be deepened, by frying in oil, through a process called "tempering". We recommend to add the oil when it is cold, as the seeds will bounce when poured into hot oil.
You can also use this spice oil in the first step of cooking, the spices aroma will spread to the ingredients and you can enjoy a different taste of curry.
If you use powder spices instead of whole spices we recommend you to add it at the end as the concentration of aroma is even more concentrated in powder spices.
Add seasonal vegetables to your curry
We recommend you to add seasonal vegetables to the curry. In addition to the fact that vegetables are the most delicious when consume at the right season, it is said to support your physical condition with the nutriments needed this time of the year.
Autumn vegetables are said to have the effect of relieving summer fatigue and warming the body in preparation for the cold of winter. Why not grilling lotus roots, carrots, spinach, mushrooms, ..., and then add them into your curry pot. Vary the cooking method and ingredients, to change the taste of this recipe for endless fun.