The season to enjoy delicious cold drinks has begun. Here are some tips to making this authentic drink at home.
■ What to prepare ?
Whisky（the kind you like）
Muddler（or a long spoon）
■ How to prepare ?
1.Put the ice cubes for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
* This will make the ice cubes more difficult to melt.
2. Cool the whisky in the freezer for 2 hours.
* It will make the whisky more refreshing.
3. Put the ice cubes in the tumbler.
* Too few amount of ice cubes make the drink not as refreshing as it could be.
4. Put the whisky on the ice cubes.
* Use about 30ml of whisky, the point is to make it a little lighter than usual.
5. Add club soda to fill 70% of the glass.
* It is important to pour it through the gap between the glass and ice.
6. Stir the whole. Insert the muddler slowly to the bottom of the glass and slowly rotate it 1 to 2 turns while lifting the ice cubes.
* By lifting and turning the ice cubes, the whisky rises to the surface, the ice sinks and carbonic acid boosts the flavor of the whisky.
7. End of the preparation
* By not using too much whisky, you can enjoy the original sweetness of the whisky and sent the flavor of the barrel.
■ Make your highball even more special
Cut a lemon or any other citrus fruit, scrub it around the glass mouth before putting the ice, you will get a special highball with a pleasant scent of citrus.
Also changing the shape changes the way the scent is transmitted, try using a wine glass for exemple.
How to make a delicious highball? 【Special Version】
By：Restaurant Lounge Uncle Hat（Spiral 8F）
Enjoy authentic French cuisine at Restaurant Lounge Uncle Hat.